Production Director - Maternity Cover (PRELOADED) London, UK (3229)
For over almost 20 years, PRELOADED has brought together the best of entertainment, learning and behavioural design to create award-winning purposeful games and immersive experiences for adults, young people and kids, working with amazing clients like the BBC, Google, Tate, LEGO and the Science Museum.
Our amazing Production Director is off on Maternity Leave in July, so we are looking for someone to provide maternity cover, while she’s away. These are big shoes to fill, but you might just be the person we’re looking for….
- Would you like to play a leadership role at our award-winning Studio?
- Would you enjoy leading a super-talented production team?
- Have you got experience keeping a large team busy and deploying amazing talent efficiently and creatively?
- Are you excited by the idea of finding creative solutions for scaling projects to target budgets?
If your answer to more than two of these is a resounding YES, please read the information below to throw your hat in the ring. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Here are the expected roles and responsibilities for the Production Director - Maternity Cover:
- To drive Studio delivery to the right quality and standards
- To be accountable for Studio utilisation, resource planning (both internal and external) and operational effectiveness
- To provide continuity by line managing and developing Production Team
- To play a leadership role within Preloaded Management team and for the company at large internally and externally
- To provide costings and production support for Biz Dev activity
This role reports to the Managing Director, Preloaded. It’s likely that the focus for the role will be assigned as follows:
- 50% Client chargeable activity
- 50% Overall Production Direction in the studio (eg. line management, new business, R&D, process improvement), reporting / financial management
To drive Studio delivery to the right quality and standards, by:
- Assigning the correct resources (internal; sourcing external resources) at the right time at all stages of the project
- Always prioritising client requirements and project quality over internal processes and barriers
- Providing clients with correct documentation for them to monitor delivery to their requirements
- Finding the right balance between creative and budgetary constraints to deliver a project to the right quality and agreed spend
- Senior guidance and troubleshooting for delivery challenges.
- Coordinating schedule adjustments across all projects to help find solutions for business / delivery risks.
- Leading mitigation plans for major delivery risks (both on individual projects and across the business).
To be accountable for Studio utilisation, resource planning (both internal and external) and operational effectiveness by:
- Justifying and proposing all investment in freelance hires
- Minimise unpaid downtime by predicting unallocated resource and finding solutions to reallocate that time as effectively as possible.
- Develop strategies to ensure clear long term resource planning to help the management team to plan as far ahead as possible.
- Maintain a good understanding of overall capacity and identify solutions for changes in requirements, when needed.
- Reporting on final and interim project margin, studio utilisation and helping prepare monthly Utilization reports for Board review
- Balance project priorities against operational needs (e.g. from minimising Freelance spends to helping to spread team holidays evenly across the year).
- Maintain accurate forecasts of all Third Party and Freelance spend with weekly reports to the Managing Director.
- Monitoring and forecasting against monthly/annual targets
- Working with LTG Finance to manage timely invoicing
To provide continuity and line manage and develop the Production Team:
- Mentoring, directing and motivating the Production team
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities and proposing right team structure
- Conducting team reviews and setting personal development targets
- Empowering all employees to do their best work, and providing the tools for them to do so
- Monitoring team capacity, and ensuring all team members submit their timesheets on time
- Leading hire strategy
To play a key role within Preloaded Management team, by:
- Working with the Management team on strategic initiatives, as required
- Identifying and helping drive process and responsibility changes
- Developing and communicating the Company strategic objectives and values
- Leading by example and inspiring the team to maintain the Preloaded values in everything they do
- Encouraging a productive, respectful and fun working environment in the wider Studio team
- Working alongside the Creative and Technical Directors and others on the Mgt team to drive quality, client focus and commercial awareness for every project.
To provide costings and production support for Biz Dev activity by:
- Facilitation of pitches (making resources available, ensuring that they run smoothly and on time)
- Supporting senior pitch team to find creative solutions for scaling projects to target budgets and project constraints.
- Ensuring all pitches are logistically robust (appropriately estimated and achievable with project restraints) before submission.
- Modelling different approaches to new business opportunities for discussion
We offer competitive salaries and an impressive benefits package including a healthcare cash plan, life assurance, pension contributions, a ShareSave scheme, a discretionary bonus scheme and travel loans along with access to Perkbox for individually tailored benefits and offers.
About the company:
PRELOADED is a full-service games studio, using the power of play to reinvent the way organisations connect with their audiences. Collaborating with ambitious partners, such as LEGO, Tate, Google, HTC VIVE, BBC and the Science Museum, we make games and immersive experiences that have purpose, and that place the user at the center of the design process.
We’ve delivered experiences dealing with subjects as diverse as neuroscience, drug addiction, mental health, ancient history, literacy, physical science, genetics, death and philosophy. Our work has been recognised internationally by award bodies, including BAFTA, SXSW (Best in Show), BIMA (Best in Show), Serious Play & Cannes Lions.
Founded in 2000, PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).