Freelance Game Designer -Fixed Term (PRELOADED) London, UK (6031)
PRELOADED is seeking a Senior Game Designer to join the team, to lend a hand over the summer across a range of projects in production.
As a Senior Game Designer, you’re expected to have an instinctive understanding of what makes a great game experience; story, systems, mechanics, user interface and the all-important ability to fold specialist subject matter into the core gameplay.
- Ownership of the game design and creative vision. Communicate the project design objectives to all team members.
- Be the main point of contact for design for key stakeholders, collaborate with the Product Lead (when applicable) and Producer, ensure goals and objectives are clearly communicated.
- Supervise and be responsible for providing clear and structured project documents to ensure that gameplay intentions are understood and that team members are working on the right elements.
- Organise weekly check-ins with the Head of Design, to communicate project progress and raise any issues.
- Lead feedback sessions with the client, take into consideration desires and manage the impact to player experience, product and team.
- 4+ Years of experience minimum, at least one shipped title seen through to launch.
- Generalist game designer, confident in designing at every stage of the project. From conception, through to production and QA.
- Ability to work with close-knit development teams, on short development cycles.
- Strong written and visual communication skills, with the ability to express ideas and reasoning to key stakeholders and the team.
- A deep understanding of interactive systems, game mechanics, balance and pace. Methodical and have a systematic approach to problem-solving.
- Able to execute the design that meets the clients, audiences and projects needs.
- Technically minded and have the ability to communicate and support other disciplines in the team.
- Confident in their ability to identify tasks to meet milestones and can estimate work appropriately.
- Strong investigatory skills and ability to support QA testers with test plans and bug fixing.
- Self-organized and self-motivated. Hands on.
- Narrative and story design experience
- Live operations / F2P Multiplayer
- Experience/understanding of designing games for Kids.
- Scripting languages / C#
PRELOADED is a full-service games studio, using the power of play to reinvent the way organisations connect with their audiences. Collaborating with ambitious partners, such as LEGO, Tate, Google, HTC VIVE, BBC and the Science Museum, we make games and immersive experiences that have purpose, and that place the user at the center of the design process.
We’ve delivered experiences dealing with subjects as diverse as neuroscience, drug addiction, mental health, ancient history, literacy, physical science, genetics, death and philosophy. Our work has been recognised internationally by award bodies, including BAFTA, SXSW (Best in Show), BIMA (Best in Show), Serious Play & Cannes Lions.
Founded in 2000, PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).