Studio/Office Manager (PRELOADED) London, UK (3236)
PRELOADED is a games studio, using the power of play to reinvent the way organisations connect with their audiences. Collaborating with ambitious partners, such as LEGO, Tate, Google, HTC VIVE, BBC and the Science Museum, we make games and immersive experiences that have purpose, and that place the user at the centre of the design process.
We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and organised Studio Manager to join the PRELOADED team. You will contribute to an upbeat Studio culture, manage the day-to-day requirements of the PRELOADED office, look after our busy team (staff and freelance) and will be the first point of contact for anybody visiting or calling in to the Studio. In addition, you’ll be working closely with our Production Director on maintaining our freelance network and other critical elements of production admin.
The role also provides an opportunity to help grow a positive and upbeat Studio culture, feeding into a range of initiatives including planning employee events, ensuring high quality local comms and implementing special workplace improvement projects.
This is a very exciting time to be joining PRELOADED and the LTG businesses. Learning Technologies Group plc (LTG) was formed in 2013 by a group of highly experienced corporate leaders and learning technologies specialists. LTG is a dynamic group of businesses representing the best of the learning technologies sector.
This role will be based in our PRELOADED Finsbury Park Studio and will report to the PRELOADED Managing Director. We are open to full time or part time applications.
The headline responsibilities for this role include:
- Contributing to an upbeat Studio culture
- Completing Studio admin tasks to ensure smooth running of the Studio
- Supporting the Production Team on all aspects of project and production admin, including managing our pool of freelancers
Contributing to an upbeat Studio culture:
- Be first point of contact for anyone visiting the Studio - clients, prospects, new team members, LTG visitors - and for general calls / emails / enquiries coming to the Studio
- Gathering feedback and ideas for Studio culture and social activities - and organising regular social events
- Organise social events including LTG-wide Christmas event and location summer socials
- Welcoming new team members to the Studio, and conducting their inductions
- Keeping the Studio clean and tidy and well stocked
- Managing invitations and follow ups to Studio external events - and attend them as far as possible
Completing Studio admin tasks, including:
- Manage the booking of meeting/conference rooms, ensuring meeting room upkeep is maintained all day for each new meeting and order and arrange refreshments / lunches for internal and client meetings, as needed
- Monitor and order office supplies such as drinks / snacks and stationery
- Be responsible for health and safety measures within the Studio including acting as a Fire Warden and a First Aider (if needed)
- Be responsible for the upkeep of the company corporate, social and recycling policy
- Upkeep of Studio maintenance including managing work of cleaners, organising regular spring cleans and searching new suppliers if something needs to be fixed or altered
- Responsible for the upkeep of facilities items (printers, fire extinguishers, alarm, air conditioning, coffee machine, etc.)
- Support for LTG’s internal comms and marketing functions as needed
- IT audits, software/hardware purchase and maintenance and good storage of Studio hardware
- Travel bookings and other travel related admin
- Sales-related research into clients and prospects
- General Studio administration duties for your fellow colleagues
- Liaise with building management as first point of contact
- Assist London based LTG Operations Manager and LTG Office Managers with the overflow of tasks
- Maintaining team sickness and other HR records
- Organising purchase and payment with our finance team
Supporting the Production Director and Production team on project and production admin as needed, including:
- Resource planning support
- Project set up, including roadmap creation based on templates
- Timesheet adjustments
- Game testing and other aspects of QA
- Project research & travel bookings
- Taking a lead on maintaining our freelance pool, keeping them updated and securing approval for their services - in partnership with Management team and directed by Production Director
- Directing all enquiries through email, phone and Twitter to PL freelance application form
- Maintaining spreadsheet and keeping it up to date - working with HR and being mindful of GDPR
- Working with Production Director and the different Heads of Department to identify / interview potential freelance talent
- Reaching out to specific freelancers to understand availability for specific jobs
- Filling in HR forms to secure approval to hire freelancers
- Managing freelancer / new starter onboarding: getting log in details, working with IT on equipment (as needed), welcoming the freelancers on their first day and ensuring they are all set up
- Managing freelancer / leaver offboarding: collecting equipment / access cards, sending out survey, keeping in touch for future opportunities, maintaining the spreadsheet
We offer competitive salaries and an impressive benefits package including a healthcare cash plan, life assurance, pension contributions, a ShareSave scheme, a discretionary bonus scheme and travel loans along with access to Perkbox for individually tailored benefits and offers.
About the company:
PRELOADED is a full-service games studio, using the power of play to reinvent the way organisations connect with their audiences. Collaborating with ambitious partners, such as LEGO, Tate, Google, HTC VIVE, BBC and the Science Museum, we make games and immersive experiences that have purpose, and that place the user at the center of the design process.
We’ve delivered experiences dealing with subjects as diverse as neuroscience, drug addiction, mental health, ancient history, literacy, physical science, genetics, death and philosophy. Our work has been recognised internationally by award bodies, including BAFTA, SXSW (Best in Show), BIMA (Best in Show), Serious Play & Cannes Lions.
Founded in 2000, PRELOADED is part of Learning Technologies Group (LTG).